Birmingham AL Photo birm028
416 is a former Houston Electric double truck Birney that was bought by Birmingham in 1941 as part of a group of 19 such cars (400-418). It was built in 1927 by St. Louis Car Co. and rebuilt by them in 1940 after Houston abandoned operations. 416 was photographed on 4th Ave at 11th St by the company photographer in 1941, just prior to the cars entering service.
OV Hunt photo courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection from Alvin W Hudson