Detroit Department of Street Railways
401, an experimental DSR prototype to have been 1st of 35 of these in the 1930s.
It became the first, only, and last of this series, and ended up mainly in service on the light Woodmere line, and was known as the Blue Streak.
The car went into service on Oct 31 1934. This photo was taken in 1947-48.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer Collection; Caption data from Jim Alain