Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia Transportation Company era
PTC Peter Witt car 8030 on Route 17, westbound on Market at 8th. 8030 was remodeled in 1941 for one-man operation on subway-surface routes 10, 11, and 34 until PCC cars took over in 1955.  Then it was transferred from Callowhill to Southern Depot for use on the Market Street 17 and 32 lines until final bustitution on Sunday, December 29, 1957.
Caption data from Fred Ciocciola and Dennis M. Linsky
Joe Testagrose collection
Back to Philadelphia Page
To state by state index
Back to Home Page