Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia Transportation Company era
#33 car running east on Arch Street toward Arch & Front.  Route 33 was the only Arch Street trolley line that remained 2-man operated
       after 1952, when routes 9 and 48 went one-man.  On Sunday, June 20, 1954, route 33 was converted to one-man operation (along with Market Street routes 17-21-32-36 and PCC route 47) and route 7 was given 2-man crews to give Allegheny Depot a 2-man line for conductors unqualified to operate cars or buses.  On Christmas Day, 1955, route 33 was converted to bus operation, and on Sunday, December 29, 1957, it was rerouted via Market Street when trolley
       service on routes 17 and 32 also went bus.
Caption data from Dennis M. Linsky
Ken Josephson collection
Back to Philadelphia Page
To state by state index
Back to Home Page