Philadelphia & Western
A 1931 Brill-built Bullet
car crossing the trestle (viaduct) that linked Bridgeport, Pa., with the
Norristown Terminal where P&W cars ended their 13-mile run from 69th
St. Terminal. The viaduct spanned the Schuylkill River and railroad tracks.
The view is from the Reading Co. DeKalb Street Inbound platform. Branching
to the left is RDG's connector to their Main Line, crossing the Schuylkill
River, and straight ahead leads to the RDG Stony Creek Branch. The PRR's
Norristown branch stands to right of view. This location now occupied
by the new transportation center at Norristown.
Caption data from Ed Havens,
Garry Patterson & J. Wiese
Ed Havens collection
to Home Page