Philadelphia & Western


Freight motor (utility car) #402 at Upper Darby's 72nd St. shops. In the background is a first generation P&W car -- No. 446, used as a work car in the latter part of the 20th century. It was built by St. Louis Car Co. in 1907 and has been restored to its original passenger configuration. It now bears its original number #46 and is part of the Electric City Trolley Museum Association collection at Scranton. #402 was bought by P&W in 1943 to replace No. 402, another work car destroyed by fire.
Ed Havens collection
Back to P&W page
To State-by-state listings
Back to Home Page