Philadelphia & Western


A Brill "Bullet" car scoots past Beechwood Park, which was the site of a powerhouse with its own coal siding when P&W was opened. The concrete pillars seen in the background near the eastbound passenger station were for an overhead pedestrian bridge to Beechwood Park, an amusement park that closed by 1909. The site was redeveloped into residential housing. In 1923, the station name was revised to read: "Beachwood-Brookline." The concrete pillars were removed about 1958 at the request of residential neighbors.
Ed Havens collection
Back to P&W page
To State-by-state listings
Back to Home Page