San Diego Electric Railway
San Diego PCC car 505 is
seen at the downtown loop on route 2 before the April 24, 1949 closure
of the system. After that, the car was stored at the Adams Street
car barn, then at the Imperial Avenue bus garage until it was sold with
7 other cars in 1957 to the San Diego Mill Supply Company for scrapping.
The scrapper then sold 2 cars, 508 and 528, for preservation before cutting
up the others, including car 505, in 1958.
Caption data from Dennis
San Diego Page
state by state listings
to Home Page