After San Diego streetcar
service was terminated April 24,1949, one of the first cities to come under
National City Lines bus influence, 20 PCCs were sold to El Paso Texas where
they were used to travel over the border of Mexico into the city of Juarez.
This operation ran until 1973, when Mexico banned the electric cars to
travel in Juarez. Two cars, #508 and #528 were saved and are at Orange
Empire Ry. Museum in Perris Ca. The remaining 4 cars were scrapped
in 1957, after sitting in the bus yard at 16th St. and Imperial Ave.
For information about the
possible return of
street cars to San Diego,
San Diego Electric Rwy.
San Diego Trolley
to Main Page