St. Louis Museum of
A look into the Museum of
Transportation's trolley barn reveals some
On the left is Illinois Terminal lightweight interurban
#410, built by St. Louis
in 1924 as #62. It originally ran on the Illinois
Valley Division, but was
later transferred to St. Louis suburban service.
On the right is Purdue University
test car #2611, built by Brill in 1903.
This car's body was originally
the "Louisiana," a prototype built for
testing parabolic end designs
for the purpose of reducing wind resistance. This program led to the development
of the "Windsplitter" interurban car.
November 29, 2002
Frank Hicks photo
to St. Louis Museum of Transportation Page
state by state listings
to Home Page