St. Petersburg Municipal Railway
119 was one of two cars (118-119) purchased in 1942 from Fort Wayne, Indiana. In St. Pete they had their rear door blanked, a smaller destination sign window and smaller traction motors installed. Ironically, St. Petersburg's newest acquisitions in 1942 were chronologically their oldest cars, having been built in 1917 as Fort Wayne 506-507.  All of the Birney stock was built in the 1920s.
 Bill Volkmer collection
Back to St. Petersburg Page
To state by state listings
Back to Home Page