Third Avenue Railway
Car was built as a cable car in 1892 by Laclede, original number 220.  Electrified by TARRCo as 275, became slot scraper 33 in 1924, always a conduit car.  Went to Branford along with 830 and 884 in 1948 for the price of $1.  Restored by Dick Fletcher  as 220, but now with a trolley pole.  Dick spent all the years of his remaining life on the restoration of this car and was almost  finished when he died.  Completed by others, it joins Union Ry. 316 with which it should not be confused.  The Bombay roof 220 had a trolley pole fitted for obvious reasons while 316 never had conduit capability.
Bill Volkmer Collection
Back to Third Avenue Railway Page
To state by state listings
Back to Home Page