Third Avenue Railway
Car 489, shown here at the
Branford Museum, is the last surviving Union Railway of NY trolley.
It was originally pay car 316 built in 1896 and entered pay car service
in 1910. It was renumbered 489 in 1911, and again renumbered to 1
in 1924. It has been restored to its original open-platform configuration.
Bill Volkmer Collection
Third Avenue Railway Page
state by state listings
to Home Page