Third Avenue Railway
#990 Morris Avenue in the Bronx. 138 Street & 3rd Avenue was the south terminal of Morris Av line (shared with the Boston Road line.)  3rd Avenue & Morris Avenues merged just north of 138 Street. The line ran north to 167 Street only. The M, Morris Avenue line was the first of three lines to be motorized just prior to Pearl Harbor.  Its demise took place on January 1, 1941, to be followed by the motorization of W, Willis Avenue on August 5, 1941, and P, Pelham Bay Park on
August 24, 1941.  WWII saved the rest until 1947-48.
Caption data from Bill Armstrong
Bill Volkmer collection
Back to Third Avenue Railway Page
To state by state index
Back to Home Page