TWIN CITY LINES
During the fall of 1953,
when Twin City Lines was trying to convert all car lines to bus operation,
the Minneapolis City council required the company to continue running streetcars
as well. Every Sunday morning around 1AM, a 4th Avenue/Glenwood car
would make a trip out to 54th and Chicago to satisfy the franchise requirements.
This cars is pictured southbound at 8th and Hennpin in downtown Minneapolis.
Dave Mewhinney photo
State by state listings
to Home Page