Lightweight 2004 and a mate in Como Park, St. Paul.
Trailers were not commonly used.   Both cars are motorized, and run as an MU pair.  TCRT built the first such critter in April, 1916; a second pair in November, 1921, a third (shown in the photo) in 1926.  All were split up into single units later.  However, TCRT did in fact have some motor/trailer trains:  In 1916, at the same time as the MU train was being built, a motor-trailer set was built as competition.  The motor-trailer won, and in 1921 an additional 25 such trains were made from older cars.
Caption data from Jim Graebner
Twin City Lines collection
Como Park,  St. Paul
TCRT Main Page
To State by state listings
Back to Home Page