Twin City Lines
Car 322 was built by the
St. Louis Car Company in St. Louis, Mo. in December 1946, and went into
service in January of 1947. It was sold in June 1953 to Newark, NJ.
After many years of service, it was sold along with car 416 to Shaker Heights,
After a few years of service,
they were both parked, and the Minnesota Transportation Museum was able
to buy them and bring them back as a pair. 322 was restored over
a stretch of 9-1/2 years and a cost of under $50,000. Her first full
season was summer 2000. There have been a couple of minor malfunctions
in the first months of operation, but since the middle of the season in
2001, the cause of one of the strange happenings was tracked down and corrected.
After Memorial Day operations the car was taken out of service, and the
swing links in the rear truck were completely re-built. The car has an
improved ride and is quieter since.
John DeWitt photo
Jim Willmore collection
State by state listings
to Home Page