Birmingham AL Photo birm017
Car 24 was one of the second group of Ex-Tidewater Traction cars built in 1913 (22-30). It was virtually identical to car 2 except that this group had double wide doors at the center entrance. Photo was taken in 1938 just before the car was scrapped. While the cars were in excellent condition, they were considered too heavy for track conditions They were replaced by lighter secondhand cars from Eastern Mass, Stark Electric, Wheeling Public Service and Houston.
OV Hunt photo courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection from Alvin W Hudson