Birmingham AL Photo birm057
BE 402 came from Houston TX after bus conversion in 1940. The car was used on the 39 Edgewood line. It had been originally built in 1927 by St. Louis Car and extensively rebuilt by St. Louis prior to entering service in Birmingham. It was scrapped prior to 1950 when trackless trolleys took over.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection