Birmingham AL Photo birm013
542 was one of 12 Cincinnati Curved side cars purchased second hand in 1939 from Stark Electric of Salem OH after they went out of business in 1939. It had been Stark 42 and was one of the last non-PCC cars to operate in Birmingham in 1951. Before entering service in Birmingham, they were extensively rebuilt by the Perley A Thomas Car Co since the Cincinnati Car Co was out of business by that time.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection