Dayton Ohio dxen020
Dayton and Xenia Railway
Dayton and Xenia Traction Co 6, Barney and Smith built, c1898. This car was built and operated for the The Dayton and Xenia Rapid Transit Company, a short-lived predecessor of the Dayton and Xenia Railway. The Rapid Transit route, which originally reached downtown via the City Railway Richard St Green Line, was abandoned in March 1908, one of the first major interurban abandonments. The car is on West Fifth between Main and Ludlow, probably in the 1910s.
Caption data from Cliff Scholes photo courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection