Oakwood Street Railway 190 at the entrance to the Brown St carbarn. OSRy built the single truck car as two-man at electrification in 1895. All the OSRy cars were modified circa 1915 and converted to single-end operation. The left-hand doors and steps were removed and alterations made to the air brakes and front end. They were originally painted dark brown, but changed in the early 1930s to silver with red trim due to an accident with a Dayton fire truck attributed to the fact that the cars were hard to see.
Caption data from Bob Halperin and Cliff Scholes photo courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection