and Cuyuna Range
This railroad originally
ran from downtown Minneapolis to Anoka, Minnesota. After abandonment of
passenger service after WWII, the portion from Northern Ordnance to the
Soo interchange was kept intact to get freight in and out of the factory.
The locomotive in the pictures, was built as a gas-electric for the Dan
Patch lines, later converted to straight electric for the pictured service,
and after abandonment of Twin City Lines streetcar service in 1954 (with
loss of their power supply), was converted to a diesel-electric. It is
preserved today by the Minnesota Transportation Museum.
to Home Page