Montreal QC Photo mtc19
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
A southbound car on Bleury is approaching Rue de la Gauchetière sometime in 1942. The car has the distinctive "Montreal roof" and is signed for 5 Ontario. This route ran along east-west Ontario but turned south on Bleury to reach its terminal at the Beaver Hall and McGill loop. A new eastern terminal opened at Aylmer and Ontario, which the route started using November 26 1942. Rush hour 5A Ontario cars continued using the Beaver Hall loop until replaced by buses June 22 1958.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast