Montreal QC Photo mtc13
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
Ordered in 1917 and built by Brill, car 1554 was part of a second order of this class following the success of an earlier 1913 order for car and trailer units. We see it here heading southbound on the 24 St. Denis route toward Terminus Craig, its downtown terminus. The cars spent most of their lives operating from the St Denis carhouse and serving the St Denis, St Lawrence and occasionally Park Avenue and Cartierville routes. Two-car train operation in Montreal ended in 1955.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast