Montreal QC Photo mtc82
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
Car 2654 has just turned west onto Notre Dame Street from 6th Ave in Lachine at the west end of the 91 Lachine route in September 1957. The car will now reverse and turn on the wye behind it to return east. The route had gone further west to Broadway and 44th Ave. before buses replaced that portion after November 7 1954. Note the paved over eastbound tracks.) By the time of the photo, even the eastern portion of the route between Place d'Armes and Côté St. Paul had been replaced by buses. The middle portion that had a long stretch of private right-of-way running, would finally be replaced by buses after August 10 1958.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast