Montreal QC Photo mtc72
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
PCC 3510 has just turned back onto the private right-of-way alongside Decarie Boulevard, starting another downtown-bound trip from Garland Terminal in the Snowdon neighborhood. Garland Terminus, which featured two loops, opened in 1949 replacing Snowdon Junction loop less than a mile ahead of 3510 to the south. The Decarie family had a large farm in the area. They donated a strip of land in the 1890s for a right-of-way on the condition that there would always be a rail rapid transit line on it. When a depressed expressway was built here along the former streetcar right-of-way, the family's descendants objected in the courts saying it was against their ancestors' wishes. They didn't win any monetary claims. The two prominent buildings in the photo are still there.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast