Trinidad Electric open car 21.
Port of Spain, capital city of Trinidad, opened a 3 ft 6 in gauge trolley line in 1895 using Brill cars.
A Canadian company called Trinidad Electric acquired it and converted it to standard gauge in 1902. By 1933 Trinidad Electric was running 30 passenger cars, all from Brill, on 23 km of track. The system allegedly closed in 1950, but one line reopened in 1954 and ran until 1956.
Street traffic in Trinidad is left-hand, English-style, and Trinidad Electric also ran the hemisphere's only left-hand trolleybuses 1941-1956.
Caption data from Allen Morrison; photo courtesy the Ken Josephson collection