Dayton Ohio dxen022
Dayton and Xenia Railway
Dayton and Xenia Railway 164, St. Louis Car Co. built, 1926, for the Springfield & Xenia Railway as their 50. Became part of Dayton and Xenia when D and X bought S&X in 1928. Taken in the car yard across Shakertown Pike from the car barn at Grange Hall Road, c1936. The three cars of this series, 160, 162 and 164, were returned to St. Louis Car Co. in 1937, and sold to the U. S. Navy in 1943, who leased them to the Oklahoma Railways for service on their Oklahoma City to Norman route during World War II.
Caption data from Cliff Scholes photo courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection