Montreal QC Photo mtc76
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
Car 1373 at Snowdon Junction (Queen Mary and Decarie) running on the 83 Windsor route connecting the Snowdon neighborhood with Place d'Armes downtown. Note the large S above the rear of the car. That's part of the sign for the Snowdon Theater, a neighborhood landmark built in 1938. The photo was taken between January 1948 when the route was inaugurated and May 1 1949 when its new Snowdon terminus became Garland Terminus, a little less than a mile north of here.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption location from Michael Di Mambro and Joe Heckenast