Montreal QC Photo mtc23
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
1541, running on the 70 Windsor route, is heading east on Sherbrooke at Patricia. This route originally ran from Parkside and Westminster in Montreal West to Place d'Armes near the onetime financial district. The route was cut back in the west to Elmhurst Loop as of June 21 1953. Elmhurst Loop was next to the Canadian Pacific's Montreal West train station and would be on the left side of the street in the photo across from the Can-Car Brill bus seen in the background. This route was replaced by a number of bus routes on September 2 1956.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast