Montreal QC Photo mtc41
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
Car 2004 is at the Snowdon Loop (Decarie and Queen Mary) at the south end of the 17 Cartierville route. The loop would be replaced in May 1949 by the Garland Terminus just less than a mile to the north of here. This route lasted until June 28, 1959 just two months before all streetcar ended in the city. The cupola-covered balcony on the building in the background was a long-time landmark.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast