Montreal QC Photo mtc70
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
One of the famous Golden Chariots used in summer sightseeing service until the end of summer 1957 (although cars were available for charter until 1958). The cars ran a counter clockwise 10-mile route around Mount Royal. Here, Car 1 is westbound on Maplewood (today Boulevard Edouard-Montpetit) about to turn south on Decelles in the city's Côté-des-Neiges neighbourhood. Windshields were added in 1954. When it rained, passengers were given rain checks for a later trip, and the cars quickly headed for the nearest carhouse. All four of these cars are preserved at museums.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast