Montreal QC Photo mtc62
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
PCC 3517 on the southernmost end of the 29 Outremont line at the south end of McGill Street. The car is turning back to start another trip. The boxcars behind the car are sitting on Montreal Harbours Board property, the docks on the St. Lawrence River. As the last new streetcar purchased, 3517 was chosen to be the last car in a special parade marking the final day of streetcar service on August 30 1959. At the carhouse, 3517 backed through a ceremonial gate that read "End of an Era" in French and English. The car is preserved at Exporail the railway museum at Delson just south of Montreal.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast