Montreal QC Photo mtc60
Montreal Tramways Company | Montreal Transit Commission
A PCC car running as a 10 Delormier is northbound just a few feet north of Bon-Air (Everett today) and is about to turn west into a private right-of-way, which will take it back to Delormier where the car will turn south to start another trip. The route had been extended two blocks north from Belanger to Bon-Air (now Everett) in October 1947, one of the last new streetcar route extensions in the city. Montreal's 18 PCC cars mostly always ran on the 29 Outremont until that route was converted to buses at the end of August 1958. The PCCs were then moved to the 54 Rosemont but also ran on the 10 Delormier routes until the end of streetcar service in 1959. In those last years the southern terminal had been cut back to Square Papineau instead of Place d'Armes.
Courtesy the Bill Volkmer collection; caption data from Joe Heckenast